After our little disagreement with the Nurse at Daycare yesterday, I complained to my aunt about how unhappy we are with this woman's attitude and she tells me these sweet words (music to my ears) "Well forget about those bi*ches I can take care of him again, he is a big boy who can do things on his own now and I don't have to carry him around all the time, so leave him with me!!" I was like "are you sure, cause I will take you up on that!!" and she replied "yes I'm sure, leave him here"...
A bit of history - my aunt took care of Saul ever since he was about 2 months old, when my maternity leave ended from work, and she took care of him up to nine months ago, when she was told she had to undergo cervical spine surgery - at that moment my very first worry was for her to be ok because she was told if she didn't have the surgery she could be left paralyzed from her neck down at any moment; and Secondly, where would I take my son? That is why we took him to this daycare near my house. Which honestly he never really liked, he was there for 9 months and he cried everyday he was dropped off, they had told me 2 months at most was ok, but even they "couldn't" explain why he still cried. From the moment he went into daycare he was in potty training and never did he spend a full day without wetting his pants!! We tried everything: rewards/punishments after desperation and nothing worked...
AND guess what was his gift to me yesterday? His first actual daycare drop out day?? HE went potty all day long by himself!!
When I went to pick him up at my aunts house last night she told me in the morning he told her he didn't want to wear a diaper any more... so she took it off, and from then on, when he wanted to go potty he told her "Abu - pipi" and ran to the restroom, pulled down his pants, went pipi, pulled his pants up and washed his hands, ALL ON HIS OWN!!! That is just a triple reward for me!! No more nasty nurse seeing, no more pooped undies AND no more buying diapers, YAAAY!! (the funny side: he can't really make it all fall into the toilet bowl but that's okay!! hahaha I think I might have to spend this weekend cleaning my aunt's restroom!!)
No comments:
Post a Comment